Are you building your website correctly?

Yo Peeps

I have a very insightful ebook on website design, SEO and what search engines look for in a website that I think is worth the read, don’t worry I’m not selling anything ahahaha ! I’d like to share it with you guys…

I believe that starting off the right way is important and seeing so many people asking how there website looks seems to be a hot topic on here.

Are looks everything though? When you were designing your site how deep does your knowledge of google, yahoo and other search engines take you… Meaning what is that they look for when they crawl your site? Have you added a sitemap and a robot.txt file.

Does your heading include your keywords and should you have written content on your site and where should it be, top, middle or bottom?

There’s so much that this book deals with in 40 plus pages and it will answer a lot of questions too. You’ll learn something from it that’s for sure, there’s something for everyone.

Ever heard of the Google dance before or did you know there are 3 Google servers www2.google.com and www3.google.com? Me neither.

Well I guess by now you just want me to shut up and give you the damn book! Ahahaha

I want to do just that but before I do I want to be sure it’s ok to post a link from my mediafire account, so if admin or any other mods are reading this let me know if its cool and i’ll post it.

It’s in PDF form and it seems like only txt files are allowed so I haven’t tried it, forum etiquette and all that good stuff!

Hope to hear something soon

ahah good thing you arent selling that e-book you know FROM my post im strongly against buying e-books but nice post i’ll check this stuff out thanks lol

Ahaha you got jokes man, Ebooks is a multi million dollar industry my friend. 1 day you may write about your journey and decide to sell it! Ahaha, they say everyone has one good book in them and if your that passionate about it why not write about it?

Also, I’m still waiting to see if I can post the link here, if not I guess you can pm me for it.

yea your right about that , but me honestly if im trying to help someone i dnt need to profit from it you feel me lol i know im sellin beats but im not that greedy …if im helpn u im just gonna give it to you

btw way you might as well jus post that link my man …the admin aint worried too much about us …only if you stop paying your $10 a month maybe that will get him to read or respond to you

you talk about design… unfortunately that does not help at all with SEO and page rankings…

and someone who will buy this book means they have no idea what to do; Since google and other engines alike are always constantly changing the rules on how to crawl and domain/page.

SEO input in all in content. If you want a good SEO reading FILL YOUR DOMAIN WITH CONTENT! Not to much of the same thing over and over, but rather expand your range in terminology and go from there… ebook on SEO is a waste of time, you can find out more about how google will crawl your page at http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35291

You can also download a starter package from that page to help you get started to understand SEO/Page Ranks

[quote=“BassixBeatz” post=11015]you talk about design… unfortunately that does not help at all with SEO and page rankings…

and someone who will buy this book means they have no idea what to do; Since google and other engines alike are always constantly changing the rules on how to crawl and domain/page.

SEO input in all in content. If you want a good SEO reading FILL YOUR DOMAIN WITH CONTENT! Not to much of the same thing over and over, but rather expand your range in terminology and go from there… ebook on SEO is a waste of time, you can find out more about how google will crawl your page at http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35291

You can also download a starter package from that page to help you get started to understand SEO/Page Ranks[/quote]

wouldnt the design be on-page seo though?

The design advice i could give you is that it should be in easy codes. i.e. CSS layouts/html and if you can dabble into html5 - that is why SEO ranks/crawls rules and terms are changing so much.
\

(This is straight off of google SEO design tips and advice.)

[B]Design and content guidelines[B]

Make a site with a clear hierarchy and text links. Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link.

Offer a site map to your users with links that point to the important parts of your site. If the site map has an extremely large number of links, you may want to break the site map into multiple pages.

Keep the links on a given page to a reasonable number.

Create a useful, information-rich site, and write pages that clearly and accurately describe your content.

Think about the words users would type to find your pages, and make sure that your site actually includes those words within it.

Try to use text instead of images to display important names, content, or links. The Google crawler doesn’t recognize text contained in images. If you must use images for textual content, consider using the “ALT” attribute to include a few words of descriptive text.

Make sure that your elements and ALT attributes are descriptive and accurate.

Check for broken links and correct HTML.

If you decide to use dynamic pages (i.e., the URL contains a “?” character), be aware that not every search engine spider crawls dynamic pages as well as static pages. It helps to keep the parameters short and the number of them few.

If you do happen to visit that google page it will also lead you to the page that advises you as a domain owner not to fall into traps and purchase a service with the know all about SEO. Google also advises everyone in bold red front that nothing is guaranteed as far as you ever being ranked number#1 in a search inquiry.

[quote=“BassixBeatz” post=11015]you talk about design… unfortunately that does not help at all with SEO and page rankings…

You can also download a starter package from that page to help you get started to understand SEO/Page Ranks[/quote]

Bro if your going to post a link to prove me wrong please make sure you read all of it first.

http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35769

You’ll find the web design info there, it lists everything I mentioned also I never said you’ll get on the first page of google or that i’m selling anything. I’ll only post helpful advice nothing more nothing less, I don’t mind skepticism or criticism just make sure you cover yourself if you are going to challenge someone.

I come in peace and good will bro !

I don’t get on here to prove people wrong… I am the one with a few answers.
But love to find out the truth.

Anytime I comment on a thread it is bc I find it an interesting topic, not to criticize but rather start a spark that can build more views and replies. I have pretty good stats with almost 150 posts with 14 karma… I LIKE TO HELP PEOPLE.

fambo we are in the same boat, but when I read that design will help in SEO ranks it flips a switch inside the noggin.

I also think that some of the opening statement was edited again… Not sure but maybe instead of “design” you were talking about description tags, header/footer options or to make sure your pics are compressed and have ATL description titles…

if that is that case then I agree 100% with you fam,

I hear what your saying man, hopefully we’re all here to be helpful and support each other.

I’d like to expand further on web design and the internet as a whole and how it works. Mainly because people seem to follow Googles lead and do what Google suggests when in reality Google has to follow a higher protocol. Web design was around before Google existed. Other search engines have different guidelines and it’s advisable to check them all out as the whole world doesn’t use Google and you could miss out on traffic if your page isn’t designed correctly, when I say design I’m including all factors, layout,images,tables,links,content,flash,files,folders and many other factors, if these aren’t correct your website won’t been seen properly on the web regardless of what search engines suggest you Should do to please them

Web design is the most important part of the end user experience as It has to follow protocol of a much larger hierarchical system known as the OSI Model (open source interconnect) also known as tcp/ip (transmission control protocol over internet protocol) these are the foundations of the internet.

There are 7 layers in the OSI model

1. Application
    6.Presentation
    5.Session
    4.Transport
    3.Network
    2.Datalink
    1.Physical

Webpages use HTML as you know and the protocol is Http which is a layer 7 protocol others include pop3,DNS,telnet,IMAP to name a few. Your web browser allows you to see your web page as the end user.

Layer 6 protocols are ASCII, jpeg,gif ,tiff to name a few, which form the presentation of webpages

The session layer(5) is the operating system (language) in use as datagrams passes through the layers. I.e Unix,linux,windows etc.

The transport layer(4) is where encapsulation begins. Basically the port numbers (socket) for each of the layer 7 protocols e.g. Http is always port 80 over the internet.

The best way to explain layer 4 downwards, the encapsulation process
is as follows… You’ve just written a letter and inside the letter you include a header @ layer 4 this is the port number (80) this is like walking out the front door but first you need an envelope so you put your letter in the envelope (encapsulate) e.g a socket which is a port.

There are 2 types of protocol used for layer 4,TCP and UDP (user data protocol)
Basically TCP needs a connection to have all of the information to be seen correctly, any data that Is missed is resent, think of a slow loading webpage. It’s uses a 3 way handshake to start and end conversations.

UDP is connectionless it doesn’t use a 3 way handshake, it’s like a phone call, it will carry on regardless of interference, online games, VoIP and streaming use UDP protocol.

Layer 3 is the network layer, everything above this layer is software, from here onwards we’re dealing with both hardware and software.

Routers are layer 3 protocols which allow different networks to communicate with each other and they also provide security with the use of access control lists also known as firewalls.

The software side of network protocol is the I.p address. the logical address, in terms of encapsulation this turns the socket into a packet. It’s like adding a name of the person to the envelope of our letter we want to post.

The Data link layer(2) has 2 parts LLC (logical link control) (software) and the Mac address (physical address) the LLC part allows communication with layers 1 and 3. The Mac address is embedded on every network device be it network card, server,router, switch basically any physical piece of equipment capable of joining a network.

Switches and bridges are layer 2 devices, they find the physical location to send the packets, they encapsulate the letter into a frame, it adds the location of the sender and recipient into the header of the letter e.g home address (mac address)

The physical layer(1) turns the frame into bits I.e Ethernet,serial,fibre optics and wireless. Hubs and repeaters are layer 1 devices. This is the postman delivering our letter.

When the letter reaches the other end the whole process is reversed from 1 to 7 only this time everything is opened up de-encapsulated.

I tried to simplify it as much as possible LOL but this basically the model of the internet.

It only works in ascending or descending order too.

All Google and other search engines do is try and collect webpages that are already online! that’s basically what the Google algorithm is all about. People believe Google control the internet but they don’t ! No OSI model no internet it’s that simple.

Just another example of a big corporation manipulating minds for their own means and as usual the masses follow on blindly, “yes sir Mr Google, what ever you say sir, yo the boss man sir”

corporation’s… gotta love em ! Ahahaha.

[quote=“MADE4STARS” post=11037]I hear what your saying man, hopefully we’re all here to be helpful and support each other.

I’d like to expand further on web design and the internet as a whole and how it works. Mainly because people seem to follow Googles lead and do what Google suggests when in reality Google has to follow a higher protocol. Web design was around before Google existed. Other search engines have different guidelines and it’s advisable to check them all out as the whole world doesn’t use Google and you could miss out on traffic if your page isn’t designed correctly, when I say design I’m including all factors, layout,images,tables,links,content,flash,files,folders and many other factors, if these aren’t correct your website won’t been seen properly on the web regardless of what search engines suggest you Should do to please them

Web design is the most important part of the end user experience as It has to follow protocol of a much larger hierarchical system known as the OSI Model (open source interconnect) also known as tcp/ip (transmission control protocol over internet protocol) these are the foundations of the internet.

There are 7 layers in the OSI model

1. Application
    6.Presentation
    5.Session
    4.Transport
    3.Network
    2.Datalink
    1.Physical

Webpages use HTML as you know and the protocol is Http which is a layer 7 protocol others include pop3,DNS,telnet,IMAP to name a few. Your web browser allows you to see your web page as the end user.

Layer 6 protocols are ASCII, jpeg,gif ,tiff to name a few, which form the presentation of webpages

The session layer(5) is the operating system (language) in use as datagrams passes through the layers. I.e Unix,linux,windows etc.

The transport layer(4) is where encapsulation begins. Basically the port numbers (socket) for each of the layer 7 protocols e.g. Http is always port 80 over the internet.

The best way to explain layer 4 downwards, the encapsulation process
is as follows… You’ve just written a letter and inside the letter you include a header @ layer 4 this is the port number (80) this is like walking out the front door but first you need an envelope so you put your letter in the envelope (encapsulate) e.g a socket which is a port.

There are 2 types of protocol used for layer 4,TCP and UDP (user data protocol)
Basically TCP needs a connection to have all of the information to be seen correctly, any data that Is missed is resent, think of a slow loading webpage. It’s uses a 3 way handshake to start and end conversations.

UDP is connectionless it doesn’t use a 3 way handshake, it’s like a phone call, it will carry on regardless of interference, online games, VoIP and streaming use UDP protocol.

Layer 3 is the network layer, everything above this layer is software, from here onwards we’re dealing with both hardware and software.

Routers are layer 3 protocols which allow different networks to communicate with each other and they also provide security with the use of access control lists also known as firewalls.

The software side of network protocol is the I.p address. the logical address, in terms of encapsulation this turns the socket into a packet. It’s like adding a name of the person to the envelope of our letter we want to post.

The Data link layer(2) has 2 parts LLC (logical link control) (software) and the Mac address (physical address) the LLC part allows communication with layers 1 and 3. The Mac address is embedded on every network device be it network card, server,router, switch basically any physical piece of equipment capable of joining a network.

Switches and bridges are layer 2 devices, they find the physical location to send the packets, they encapsulate the letter into a frame, it adds the location of the sender and recipient into the header of the letter e.g home address (mac address)

The physical layer(1) turns the frame into bits I.e Ethernet,serial,fibre optics and wireless. Hubs and repeaters are layer 1 devices. This is the postman delivering our letter.

When the letter reaches the other end the whole process is reversed from 1 to 7 only this time everything is opened up de-encapsulated.

I tried to simplify it as much as possible LOL but this basically the model of the internet.

It only works in ascending or descending order too.

All Google and other search engines do is try and collect webpages that are already online! that’s basically what the Google algorithm is all about. People believe Google control the internet but they don’t ! No OSI model no internet it’s that simple.

Just another example of a big corporation manipulating minds for their own means and as usual the masses follow on blindly, “yes sir Mr Google, what ever you say sir, yo the boss man sir”

corporation’s… gotta love em ! Ahahaha.[/quote]

nerd! lol
just messing with you fambo!
Yo, I am adding you to my tweeps
I

anything that gives tips on seo is always worth a read (if its free) but bassix makes some very good points.

take everything you read with a pinch of salt as seo is not an exact science and ultimately on of the best ways to learn is trial and error. search google your self & find out where you are then after you’ve made changes give the bots some time and search again. did my changes send me up or down the rankings? then you start to get a natural feel for it over time.

also like bassix said google is forever making changes so your key thought should always be why? well google’s a business just like us (ok a bit bigger lol) and it is where it is because it gives its customers the best service in finding what they want.

in the end think more about your customer, give them the info they need, clearly and concisely and engage them with your site. this is what google wants, if some dude searches buy hip hop beats, finds your site and spends 20min on your page listening to your tracks they think that must have bin the kind of site he was looking for n the more this happens the more google will raise you with that term coz your giving their customer what their looking for.

but like was said google forever changes the precise nature of how they do this as they are also always trying to improve their service.

http://www.londiniumproductions.co.uk/

by the way whatever changes google made lately have really helped my site lol without me changing much at all so I hope they stick with the current protocol for a little bit!

nerd! lol
just messing with you fambo!
Yo, I am adding you to my tweeps
I[/quote]

Ahahaha yeah unfortunately it’s true, I’m a certified nerd and to be honest with you i never thought it could happen !

i think i added you on twitter and to anyone else, here’s the link to that ebook as promised

thanks for sharing these great tips and knowledge with us. It will be very beneficial for me and many other people.