How to set up your PayPal account

Hi @AkademyProductions

Unfortunately we are unable to diagnose the issue as it is occurring outside of our platform, on Paypal. However, I recommend you check that you’re not blocking encrypted website payments, as this has been the case for some other people, and changing this has solved the issue in some cases. You can do this from your Paypal > Profile > Profile & Settings > My Selling Preferences > Website Preferences (click ‘update’), then scroll down and make sure “Encrypted Website Payments” is set to ‘Off’.

If this is already set to ‘Off’, or changing this does not resolve the issue, please contact Paypal, as they will be able to diagnose and resolve this for you.

Did all the steps and got my pdt. It’s still telling me that my paypal address is invalid

Hi @munyarunesu

Thanks for contacting us for support. I am sorry to hear that you’ve faced this issue with your Paypal setup. I have reviewed your account for you and unfortunately it seems that you have not saved your Paypal email in your Dashboard > Settings > Selling Preferences > Scroll down to the “Paypal” section > Type your email and add your PDT token > Scroll down and click “Save”.

I hope this resolves this issue for you.

For further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Do I have to upgrade my paypal to a business account in order to link it to air bit, or will air bit still work with my personal paypal account?

Hi there,

I’m trying to set up my PayPal - Airbit account. When entering the IPN/PDT Airbit url’s provided above, will this conflict with any future sales on other websites?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the delayed response @sonikflamme - yes, you will need a business account in order to enable IPNS, which are needed for delivering beats automatically. Changing to a business account is free and quick to do from your PayPal settings

Hi @LopezBeats, if you already have a URL in place you should still be able to successfully deliver beats automatically from your Airbit store.

However, some people have received notification from PayPal that the URL is incorrect, and that it needs to be changed to ours. Beats are still delivered, regardless of this, however, PayPal may disable IPNs, in which case you will just need to go to your settings and re-enable them.

If you need to have another URL in place I recommend proceeding with that, keeping the above in mind

I was able to update the IPN. But none of the instructions here about obtaining the PDT look like anything I have an option to do in my PayPal account. That said, I haven’t sold anything with my PayPal account in years and none of the options that used to be there, like creating buttons and things of that nature, are there any more. So I don’t know what’s going on.

Hi @elketer

Thanks for contacting us for support. I would like to assure you that our Paypal setup steps would apply to your business Paypal account. However, unfortunately Paypal displayed options can vary from a region to another.

You may access your PDT token feature at: https://www.paypal.com/businessmanage/preferences/website (please be sure to be logged in to your Paypal account)

Hello Airbit,i have a big problem completing my paypal sign up. Is there a way i can only use my bank account please?
Im based in Uganda,Africa and i would really love to complete my sign up section so i begin to upload my beats for sale.
Kindly get back to me at alzmusicltd@gmail.com
Thank you and am looking forward to this.

Hi @AlzMusic

Thanks for contacting us for support. I am glad to inform you that we do also support Stripe payments, which allows you to accept debit/credit card payments without Paypal. You can check if Stripe is available in your country at stripe.com/global

can a personal PayPal account be used?

Hi @Katch22

Thanks for contacting us for support. We are glad to address any inquiries you might have about our features and services. Unfortunately, to successfully receive sales revenues for your sales, you must a business Paypal account.

However, If you have an existing Personal account, you can upgrade to a Business account for free by following these steps: https://support.airbit.com/article/78-how-to-set-up-your-paypal-account

For further assistance, please feel free to contact us…

My PayPal account doesn’t accept verve,why?

Hi @EmmyEmma304

Thanks for contacting us for support. We are sorry to hear about this issue you’ve faced with your Paypal account. Can you please contact us with more details regarding this issue on support@airbit.com so that we can further inspect this issue for you?

I need someone to help sell my beats, I can’t utilize PayPal, PayPal is not available in my country and I’m having it pretty difficult selling my beats, anyone who can sell them on their store and we split income please

I also signed up for beatstars & that thing took me less than 10 minutes to sign up & link my paypal & everything. Why dont you make it easier like them.

Reading through the comments it seems a lot of people are confused regarding ‘premier paypal’ because they don’t know that premier PayPal has merged with personal PayPal and then they’re confused that they cannot find it, BECAUSE THEY DON?T EXIST ANYMORE (it’s explained by an advisor here, scroll down https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Business/Premier-Account/td-p/1185963# ).
Just have it say ‘personal or business PayPal’ you’d save yourself a lot of user support trouble.

If I’ve inserted my bussiness account paypal on my selling preferences setting without no longer requirements told on my dashboard relating to payments, is it still needed to insert the PDT token? Because these how-to steps here seems no longer relevant to what’s on my screen now. Thank you.

Hi @aradell27

Thanks for contacting us for support. I am glad to clarify that Paypal layout can differ from a region to another. However, you can easily access the needed page by clicking the embedded links in our article: https://support.airbit.com/article/78-how-to-set-up-your-paypal-account

Please, note that Payment Data Transfer (PDT) is another way of PayPal sending our servers payment information for an order. This information is sent instantly after your customers redirect from PayPal to the order confirmation page, therefore we can check for a successful payment quicker than IPN alone and provide your customers will their order faster.