Is It Smart To Put Beats On Youtube?

Hey guys and gals, just wondering if You Tube is a good way to get your beats out there and to get hits? If so, do many people steal beats? How would I protect them? :blink:
,Thanks

I put beats on there all the time, the only thing is artist thinks they can have them for free so I get email like every other day saying can i send them beats

it depends cuz… you have engines like youtube converters and stuff … that allows you to rip of music n sounds from youtube…

thats y when i put up my songs on youtube … usually i put it against a video that i take that has me talking or just use a voice tag in it … cuz its hard to remove …

i think by now artiste should know that…

thepimpstress wrote:

[quote]it depends cuz… you have engines like youtube converters and stuff … that allows you to rip of music n sounds from youtube…

thats y when i put up my songs on youtube … usually i put it against a video that i take that has me talking or just use a voice tag in it … cuz its hard to remove …

i think by now artiste should know that…[/quote]

dont forget to karma me :stuck_out_tongue:

The Pimpstress

That’s a good idea. thanks!

welcome :PP

yes I think its cool to post beats on there but make sure the voice tag is in your looping bars because any one can cut and paste to rebuild a beat threw sampling…

Its very smart! but thats why you should put a watermark in the beginning or like every 20 seconds on them b4 u put them on youtube

ITS GOOD TO PUT BEATS ON YOUTUBE. JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU PUT YOUR TAG IN THEM. YOU CAN PUT YOUR TAG LIKE EVERY 8 BARS. AND WHEN I SAY TAG, I DONT MEAN JUST YOUR PRODUCTION COMPANY NAME. MAKE A TAG FOR YOUR WEBSITE. ITS GOOD ADVERTISING AND EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE PPL OUT THERE THAT WILL CONVERT THEM THEY CANT SAY THAT THEY ARE YOURS BECAUSE YOUR WEBSITE WILL BE MENTIONED THROUGHOUT THE BEAT

yea like everyone else said if you put your beats on youtube i would suggest including voice tags…

yeah I agree Tag your Instrumentals first before you put em on the Net :wink:

Voice Tags!

The best thing to do because thats were everyone is on YOUTUBE! but yeah as said make sure you tag them and i copyright my beats before doing anything anyways, :slight_smile:

I’ve put a couple on youtube with just my logo for the video. Any other suggestions on what to do for video aspect of it?

YES I THINK ITS ALL GOOD TO PUT THEM ON YOUTUBE BUT TAG THEM FIRST BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO AND CONVERT THAT VIDEO INTO MP3 FILE AND USE YOUR BEAT AND WILL NOT EVEN NOW IT UNTIL YOU HEAR IT ON SOME ONE ELSE S–T THAT HAPPEN TO ME …ALONG TIME AGO …BUT YOU LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKE …

THERE IS A BLOG POST ABOUT THIS ON THIS SITE BUT IM GONNA SUM IT UP FOR YOU. YES!! PUT YOUR BEATS ON YOUTUBE! NOT ONLY CAN YOU GAIN EXPOSURE FOR YOUR SOUND BUT YOU CAN ALSO MAKE MONEY OFF THOSE VIDEOS. YOU CAN POST JUST THE TRACK WIT A PIC OR YOU CAN HAVE A LIL VIDEO SHOWING HOW YOU PUT THE TRACK TOGETHER. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO LIMIT YOURSELF? DO WHATS BEST FOR YOU AT THE END OF THE DAY BECAUSE LETS FACE IT: ITS YOUR CAREER

I FORGOT I ALREADY POSTED TO THIS TOPIC LOL

Lol, thats funny Dolo, But your right. I had my youtube beat page up for about a month 1/2 now with no videos on it. I think I will start uploading with my watermark soon. Just needed enough people to say it was a good idea.

NO PROBLEM BRO. IM JUST TRYNA GIVE GOOD ADVICE. YOU NEVER WANT TO LIMIT YOURSELF TO ANY TYPE OF PROMO. I WISH I CAN HIRE ONE OF THOSE PLANES THAT HOLDS A BANNER FOR YOU AND PUT MY WEBSITE ON IT LOL

Always Tag Your Instrumentals!