So many beats sound so similiar

:blush:
hey community,
man, I was listening through some music here and listening to music all day like youtube and stuff…
what I recognized is, that so many beats sound so smiliar, all rappers only rap over boring trapstuff (I love good trap, but it sounds all the same) for example Chris brown, Tyga etc… of course, there are some dope ass beatmakers out there, but I have the feeling most of these time “rappers” dont know what a good beat contains.
Of course, one aspect is that Dj Mustard produces alot at the moment, but man, he always takes 3 chords, a bell-melody, and a bass where the pitch doesnt even sounds right… maybe its the money, but I miss rappers who experiment, who try different things, who give a shit about being famous, rappers who have a message…
If I would be a rapper, I would try to stick out by using different shit, different beats…
thats why I admire kendrick B)
I dont know If you guys know what I mean; I love trap as well, but theres no creativity in this music anymore, no creative artists…
I dont know If I am the only one, lemme hear what u think :slight_smile:

Unfortunately hip hop went from being a creative form of art to a copy cat league.

You make a valid point but sometimes doing something different doesn’t work all the time. If it’s working now with how they do it then I wouldn’t suggest to change it. And if you want to then a smooth transition to adding something different can work. Because a drastic change if done wrong can completely fail miserably.

yup, i agree, i see so many people copying the same sound. Be different and still make hitz.
www.jsoundsonline.com

EVERTHING IS WATERED DOWN AND EXACTLY…SIMILAR! I CAN MAKE BEATS LIKE THAT BUT HONESTLY I STRUGGLE AT IT…ITS WEIRD…MY MIND TELLS ME TO STAY COMPLEX-ED AND NY!

YOU AINT HEARD ME YET

I agree a lot of beats are sounding the same, and a lot of rap artist are afraid of something different. That’s why I think I’m having a hard time getting heard because my beats sound nothing like what I’m hearing on a day to day basis.

Same here. The most rappers are searching for trap beats so I’ve almost no chance to get heard. But I also like trap beats. There’re just way too many out there.

I stop Listening to todays artist…Theres No feel, No flow, No story, No soul…I keep trying to listen but my ears cant take it…Check my tracks out if you want raw and different…All done from scratch and all copyrighted

I feel 100%, but as a business you do have to cater to your target audience. I feel Iike I try to find that balance of the current sound and also whats original and creative.

Yeah, being original is the way to go, do your thing!

hey community,
man, I was listening through some music here and listening to music all day like youtube and stuff…
what I recognized is, that so many beats sound so smiliar, all rappers only rap over boring trapstuff (I love good trap, but it sounds all the same) for example Chris brown, Tyga etc… of course, there are some dope ass beatmakers out there, but I have the feeling most of these time “rappers” dont know what a good beat contains.
Of course, one aspect is that Dj Mustard produces alot at the moment, but man, he always takes 3 chords, a bell-melody, and a bass where the pitch doesnt even sounds right… maybe its the money, but I miss rappers who experiment, who try different things, who give a shit about being famous, rappers who have a message…
If I would be a rapper, I would try to stick out by using different shit, different beats…
thats why I admire kendrick B)
I dont know If you guys know what I mean; I love trap as well, but theres no creativity in this music anymore, no creative artists…
I dont know If I am the only one, lemme hear what u think :)[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean, and I feel the same way. I just say let them do what they do, because there are always people out there, especially in other countries, who appreciate a different sound, not what they hear on the radio. I have a very different production style, and I’m fine with that. Yes I get artists all the time looking for a type beat that they heard on the radio but I don’t care, because I don’t enjoy sitting down making beats that sound like someone else’s. That’s just a waste of production if you ask me. Yes, I do have tracks that sound like Chief Keef or J Cole, but that’s because there was a demand and money involved, so I went ahead and produced. However that’s not what I just sit down on my own free time and do. Check me out at isomaticmusic.com if you want to hear a different sound. Like I said some of the things on there sound similar to radio or whatnot but majority aren’t.

All you have to do is be yourself don’t worry about sounding like everyone else

A lot of beats sound similar, this is due to the fact that there are many more producers nowadays and when people start out they try to find their sounds because you cannot have your own sound right away. If you filter through all the music, you can still find the good stuff. It just takes longer to find it and you need to refresh the sources of music more frequently. 3 years ago I had the same impression like you, but realized it’s not that bad.

I’m a producer from Boston, MA (Born in Bangladesh) and I make my beats which are bangers but different than what’s out there. I hope you guys get a chance to check it out and I will respond back to your music.

true, but be yourself :wink: most will try to sound like the others. but the few that have their own, get their own supporters.

doesnt matter…do what works…what works is what will get you paid…boom bap music sells alot too…their the beats on youtube with a million plus views