Still Being Ripped Off

its only happens with myflashstore sales this is the 3rd time some one has bought a beat via MFS using a .edu email and they open a case for refund a couple days after the beat is paid for and i end up handing the money back over to them according by paypal policies because i have no solid proof that they received the item other than a transaction notice and order number can you please work something that has the customer digitally sign a notice that will show them accepting and or receiving
files before or after payment that could be emailed to us along with the sale notification this is really pissing me off.

service@paypal.com service@paypal.com

2:42 PM (4 hours ago)

to me
Hello ReeSe On The BeaT,

Buyer’s name: Glen Gilzean
Buyer’s email: ggilz002@fiu.edu
Transaction ID: 9EU83140YV403560K

Transaction date: Mar 22, 2013
Your transaction ID: 2U4961611D4228902
Case number: PP-002-266-349-052

On 3/25/2013, we were notified of a payment reversal for the above
transaction. Often times, these reversals occur when the bank or the bank
account holder reports that the transaction was not authorized. Although we
are required to return the payment to the bank in these instances, we don’t
debit your account if the transaction is covered under PayPal Seller
Protection. If this transaction is eligible for PayPal Seller Protection,
you will be able to keep the payment as long as you provide us with an
online tracking number or proof of shipment/postage.

Please keep in mind that proof of shipment/postage documentation meets all
of the following conditions:

• It shows the status as shipped or delivered, or shows a postmark.
  • It confirms the date you shipped the order.
  • It includes the recipient’s full address

I’m very sorry you have experienced many chargebacks. Unfortunately there is not much we can do our side, a digital signature means nothing. If someone calls up their bank and says they did not make that transaction, and they did not “digitally sign” anything, then the bank have to act, regardless of whether they’re truthful or not.

This is a very unfortunate part of selling digital good online, the seller is rarely protected due to the ease of fraud in this area. It’s not just beats, and it’s not just our system, any system that sells digital good is vulnerable to this kind of fraud.

PayPal do sometimes side in the favor of the seller if you fight your case if PayPal see’s there was no unauthorised access to their account. Unfortunately though it happens a lot where the bank makes all the decisions and PayPal have no say and have to refund the money.

Until places like PayPal create a system which protects sellers and can find a way to allow a digital delivery as official proof, then selling digital goods online is always vulnerable to chargebacks.

The best part of it is when someone takes a chargeback, paypal milk 20 $ from your account as a chargeback fee. Recently i got a 10 $ chargeback + 20 $ chargeback fee. Wtf?

Yea that is really bad when that happens. It’s actually the bank that charges that amount, not PayPal. The bank charge a fee for the pleasure of reaching in a taking money from your account.

If someone files a dispute in PayPal to get their money back then PayPal never charge a fee, it’s only when someone goes to their bank directly.

well thanks this is just really frustrating is there any way to block emails ending in .edu it seems this scam is only being used with this email format

wow that’s deep! it never even occurred to me that could happen!

just thinking outside the box here and i know there would be issues like increased cost and removal of instant delivery. but what if a sale triggered the sending of a physical registered post card that had to be signed for by the buyer and contained an unlock code for downloading the beat? know it’s not the best idea but this is a blatant rip off! feel for you reese paying for sm1 to use ur beat! not on.

I think the only way to cover your payments if you are dealing with those types of transactions is to setup up another email account that will auto respond when your paypal email gets payment.

Eample@email.com - This gets the payments from MFS

Then it forwards them payment email to your Eample2@email.com

Set up Example2 to auto response with a signup form where they can input their shipping address. This email will state that you will be sending them a tangible product in the mail.

If they input their address, burn the mp3 on disk and send it.
If they don’t email them back asking why they don’t want a cd mailed to them.

This might help element some disputes through Paypal. This method will also help your marketing plans by sending out postcards for special events in the future!

#JustThinking

thanks for both ideas its i may have to start applpying the second method and Londinium_Productions suggestion is a great idea to me its really pissing me off and paypal is really no help ive had to payback money like this a number of times now just hoping something could be done on MFS end to better protect myself i mean i show paypal the date it was purchased the order number from MFS I show that all files are delivered Via email after purchase ive pleaded to them that this has happen on other occasions showing them the trends of emails that its coming from but still they will not side with me.

IF YOU GO TO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT CLICK THE PROFILE BUTTON AND THEN GO TO THE "GETTING PAID AND MANAGING MY RISK SECTION. YOU CAN BLOCK STUDENT ACCOUNT USERS IN THE BLOCK PAYMENTS SECTION. THAT SHOULD TAKE CARE OF YOUR EDU PROBLEM. I BLOCK ALOT OF STUFF DUE TO ALOT OF PPL ON ROCBATTLE AND SOUNDCLICK TELLING PPL ABOUT ALL OF THE CHARGEBACKS THEY WERE RECEIVING IN THE PAST. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT!

Thanks dolo thats what’s I was looking for thanks a lot

Hey fambo!

I think it would be a great help for other in the MFS fam if anyone who has these types of emails to share with others in a thread so we can add our own ban list of customers.

I personally have not had this happen yet, but I know a few who are like yourself and I think it would be beneficial to all if we cam add a list of bad emails/buyers. Then any one who wants can add those emails to their band list through Paypal.

Just a thought!

NO PROBLEM BRO

You should create a banner for your site that says NO REFUNDS. Because all they have to do is purchase the beat and get a refund and now they have a FREE beat.

WOW!!! Smh That’s Messed Up!!! And Thanks Dolo For The Tip Bruh!

YES thanks dude, I just updated my paypal preferences the moment I read this, why can’t people just stop f!@#'n around & be honest?

Thank you all for this info!

this just happened to me! now this guy opened up this dispute and shit. I re-sent him the download links he claims he didn’t recieve. Now all he can do is just claim he never got anything, even if he did… $64 dollars… but still…

I wish I came across this topic earlier, someone has just bought a beat off me about an hour ago, and I just checked the email address of the buyer and it ends in “edu” If it ends up that they open a dispute I’ll let you know. And I’ll be updating my Paypal preferences too. This shouldn’t be happening to producers, Paypal are heavily siding with the customer, but the reasons are never that “strong enough” to rip off the producer and gain a free beat.

Shit just happened to me. We should come up with something that leaves these people no chance but paying for those beats.

I’m going through a dispute as we speak… It was from an artist who bought back in august, and whom I thought I had a solid relationship with… I questioned him and he played dumb… Good thing I had a twitter conversation where he said thanks, I just bought x amount of beats … Hopefully that will help on my part… Regardless of the outcome, I will share this Kats twitter and email with everyone… That way nobody else does business with him. Hopefully y’all help out and put him on blast with me on twitter…, doesn’t matter if you have 200 followers or 50,000. The more people that know about the scammers and what they go by the better,… Also it would probably put a big dent in homeboys so called “career” …

That’s how you do. You gotta put these fools under pressure.